The latest and greatest addition to Magellan’s most popular line of GPS navigation systems, the Roadmate 5045-LM combines the features of previous Magellan Roadmates with new advancements in GPS technology. Designed to work for the next decade, the 5045-LM is built to last and will quickly and safely direct you to your destination. There’s a good chance the Roadmate 5045-LM will be the last GPS system you will ever have to purchase. Released not long ago, the majority of people who purchased the Roadmate 5045-LM don’t feel the need to upgrade to a more expensive system, because the Roadmate has every feature a user would expect in a modern GPS.
The Magellan Roadmate 5045-LM comes loaded with features and has lifetime map coverage, so you can update your maps at any time from any Internet connected computer. You’ll never have to worry about outdated maps again, because all map updates come free of charge with no hidden subscription fees. The Roadmate 5045-LM also features Magellan’s patented OneTouch Favorites Menu. The OneTouch Favorites Menu was so popular in previous Roadmate models that a new and improved version is included in every new Roadmate 5045-LM unit.
- The Magellan Roadmate model 5045-LM is classified as a portable navigation device
- The GPS is 5.6 inches wide, by 3.5 inches high, by 0.6 inches deep and weighs in at 6.4 ounces
- The Devices comes with an integrated multidirectional antenna array that is concealed inside the Roadmate’s body
- The Roadmate 5045-LM is able to accurately detect your location up to three yards away
- The GPS comes with a built-in speaker that is used for text-to-speech as well as additional voice guidance features
- The device comes preloaded with maps of the United States of America, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- The internal microprocessor runs at 400Mhz and accepts microSD cards that can be used for additional storage
- The Touchscreen displays at 480 x 272
- The Roadmate 5045-LM comes with a Lithium-Ion rechargeable batter that lasts for over two hours when fully charged and can be charged while still running
- The GPS comes with a USB cable that can be connected to a computer to download new map updates as well as an internal windshield mount
- The Roadmate 5045-LM has a minimum operating temperature of 14 degrees Fahrenheit and a maximum operating temperature of 158 degrees Fahrenheit
The Magellan Roadmate 5045-LM is an excellent car GPS system because it implements many new features without sacrificing user friendliness. The Magellan’s large five-inch display is optimized to show useful information at every turn without becoming too crowded or too difficult to read. One of the most important aspects of an aftermarket GPS is how easy it is to read. A GPS that’s too small to be easily read is unsafe and could cause a collision, because the driver has to take their eyes off the road in order to receive directions. The Magellan Roadmate 5045-LM has a large easy-to-read display that can be seen and easily understood even when it’s outside of the driver’s peripheral vision. The Roadmate 5045-LM also gives the driver step by step instructions at ever turn, first warning the driver that a turn is coming, then speaking the street name and instructing the driver to turn left, right, or continue straight.
The Roadmate 5045-LM also lets you program multiple stops into one route, helping you to get to all of your destinations as quickly as possible without having get new directions at every stop. The Multi-Destination Routing feature helps save time, money, and aggravation by streamlining your trip and taking you on the best possible route to reach all three locations.
Built-In Magellan Points of Interest Map
Magellan’s well-known Points of Interest Map makes a return on the Roadmate 5045-LM with over six million detailed locations. Almost every gas station, restaurant, hotel, an ATM in North America can be found using the GPS routing system.
- The big five inch touchscreen works great in larger vehicles like SUVs, RVs and Trucks
- Lifetime map updates for the Roadmate 5045-LM give it great value-for-money because the majority of other GPS brands require you to pay a monthly membership for new maps
- The QuickSpell feature narrows down your search address with every keystroke and predicts where you want to go, making navigating to the right address easier than ever
- The Magellan’s features over six million points of interest to help you find the closest gas station, ATM, Hotel, or other business
- The built-in address book makes it easier than ever to create and store contact information and personal points of interest
- Every time you come off a highway exit the Roadmate 5045-LM displays the nearest Gas stations and chain restaurants, which is very convenient at times
- The five-inch display’s color scheme adjusts depending on the time of day to make for easy night viewing
- The Roadmate 5045-LM is much more affordably priced than comparable GPS devices from other brands
- The GPS doesn’t come with a cover or storage pouch, but an aftermarket carrying case can be purchased online
- The device is only compatible with Windows products, so Mac users will not be able to update their maps or download new applications
- The Roadmate 5045-LM only comes with a 90 day limited warranty, so any accidents after that will not fall under warranty
One of the most trusted GPS manufacturers in North America, Magellan has been producing quality vehicle navigation systems since its founding in 1989. The Roadmate 5045-LM gives the user a luxury GPS product at an unbeatable price, making it a favorite among travelers all over North America.
The Roadmate has always been popular among motorists, but none of the previous Roadmates can compare to the 5045-LM. Offering a sleek modern design and advanced programmable features, the Roadmate 5045-LM is internationally recognized as one of the best GPS navigations systems Magellan has on offer. With excellent value for money, the Roadmate 5045-LM makes GPS navigation breeze.