Famously known as the same rugged GPS handheld by Garmin but full featured, the GPSMap 64st hiking and marine GPS offers more advanced tools to help even the neediest hiker or mariner. It now comes equipped with advanced sensors and wireless connectivity.
If a Garmin handheld has been your safety blanket for the longest time, then may be it is time for an upgrade with this GPSMap 64st. With new features like the GLONASS, preloaded geocaches, and smart notifications, one would have to try so hard not to get too excited.
With an interface that is somehow identical to the 62s, one can expect fewer bugs and more amazing and useful features. Data is also reported to be more accurate than the previous ones. This new GPS handheld also remains to feature the BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, topo maps, Garmin custom maps, paperless geocaching, advanced track navigation, and activity profiles.
Garmin GPSMap 64st Marine GPS
Click Here for Customer Reviews
For this Garmin GPSMap 64st GPS, you have four available models to choose from – the base model, the one with ANT+Bluetooth, and the last two that are full featured – with ANT+Bluetooth and Canada TOPO and with ANT+Bluetooth and US TOPO. Let us discuss each type further below:
- Base Model – This features a sunlight-readable 2.6” color display with an expanded internal memory of 4GB. This comes with a dual battery system that uses two AA batteries which can last for a good 16 hours. However, the NiMH rechargeable battery pack remains an option.
- With ANT+Bluetooth – This has all the base model features with the addition of the capability of receiving smart notifications. In addition, one can wirelessly upload data to Garmin Connect for viewing on smartphone or even share activities.
The ANT+ sensors feature a heart rate monitor, temperature sensor, speed/cadence sensor, and can be used to control the VIRB action camera.
- With ANT+Bluetooth and Canada TOPO – This comes full featured and therefore includes every single feature stated above. However, it comes with a bigger expanded internal memory of 8GB.
- With ANT+Bluetooth and US TOPO – This is pretty much the same with the one above with a higher expanded internal memory of 8GB, however, comes with the United States topography.
All the Garmin GPSMap 64st marine and hiking GPS handhelds weigh approximately 9.3 ounces and measures 1.4 x 4.2 x 6 .3 inches. In addition, the TOPO feature has preloaded 100K maps with a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery Subscription included.
The Rugged but Useful Features
Planning your next trip just would not be complete without a reliable handheld GPS. Check out these wonderful benefits you are bound to get with this Garmin GPSMap 64st marine GPS.
- Russian GLONASS Constellation
This is a new feature of Garmin GPSMap 64st. It not only supports GPS but GLONASS constellation as well which is famously known to be of great help especially in northern latitudes and canyon-like environments. Hence, it gives a flawless track recording performance
- Preloaded geocaches
- Staying connected
For the Best Price on Amazon click here!
Overall, this Garmin GPSMap 64st marine GPS is the most accurate handheld device as per critics and customers who have previously bought it. It is extremely easy to lock in satellites and see through even with thick trees covering the paths. To make comparison simple, this is pretty much the same with the 62 series but way better and definitely more advanced.