A reliable GPS watch has become as essential to a golfer as having a complete bag of clubs. The main function of a golf watch is to offer precise, dynamic distances to the front, back, and center of the green from your current position. This helps you decide what club to use, how hard to swing, whether or not you should correct for windage, as well as track information about your game that you can be analyzed later on. Out of all the GPS golf watches on the market, none are more precise or sought after than the SkyCaddie Linx. The newest addition to the SkyCaddie catalogue, the Linx uses SkyCaddie’s best-in-class TrueGround Course mapping to bring you the most accurate distance measurements of any GPS golf watch.
SkyCaddie Linx Watch
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The SkyCaddie Linx has a compact frame and sleek design, but still manages to incorporate a large, easy-to-read digital display
- The screen is 1.7 inches square and can be read in direct sunlight without any problems
- The watch also features built in GPS and Bluetooth antennas that don’t need to be fiddled with or adjusted like with other sports watches.
- The SkyCaddie Linx comes with SkyCaddie’s new Intelligent Automation system that automatically detects the course you’re on, the hole you’re playing, and the distance to the green.
- The watch is also water resistant down to thirty meters.
- The SkyCaddie Linx comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery that can be replaced by a number of aftermarket batteries if you like to keep extras handy.
- The Linx keeps a small profile with a height of 2.8 inches, a width of two inches, and a thickness of 0.7 inches.
- The watch in its entirety weights just over 1.6 ounces, making it one of the lightest sports watches on the market.
- The SkyCaddie Linx comes packaged with a USB cable that can be used for charging the watch as well as downloading new features and updates.
Packed with applications and new functions, the SkyCaddie Linx is the next step in sports watch technology. When the watch isn’t being used for its wide array of golf functions, it transforms into an excellent sports watch that can be used by runners, swimmers, and cyclists. The SkyCaddie Linx comes prepackaged with a fitness stopwatch that can be used to track your time around the course, and it can also track the amount of calories you burn each game.
Many Bluetooth Enabled Functions
The watch can be connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth using the SkyCaddie mobile app. Once you’ve connected your Linx to the app, you are able to send alerts, text messages, and emails, directly to your watch. The app also lets you track your scores and stats from each game. The GPS unit comes programmed with over 34,000 courses from all over the world, and it can be updated online for free.
When the SkyCaddie Linx isn’t being used on the golf course it turns into a stylish wristwatch with all the modern features you’d expect to find in a quality watch. The device comes with three programmable timers and up to five alarms that can be set with the watch’s easy-to-navigate user interface.
The Linx also features many upgradeable software applications that can be downloaded from the SkyCaddie website and installed on your Linx. While a normal GPS golf watch only provides a reading for how far it is to the green, the SkyCaddie Linx’s IntelliGreen technology gives you with a visual representation of the green right on your watch. IntelliGreen also can also be used to display the precise distance to the hole from anywhere on the course. Another downloadable application for the Linx is Skycaddie’s TrueGround warning system. After the TrueGround features have been activated on your SkyCaddie Linx, the watch will display every hazard, and lay up zone per hole. This can be very useful on difficult holes with little visibility.
- The watch features an easy-to-use and intuitive interface that isn’t overcomplicated by lots of menus and buttons
- The SkyCaddie Linx is accurate to within a foot of your position.
- The device has a sleek design, modern features, and is just as useful off the course as it is on the fairway.
- The watch come programmed with a digital scorecard and stat tracking so you can keep track of your previous games and try to beat your own high score
- The Linx is preloaded with over 34,000 maps of the most popular golf courses around the world
- The display on the watch is large and easy to read, even when in direct sunlight
- The watch is very well priced when compared to similar models from other brands
- The device comes with its own app and can be connected to your smartphone using Bluetooth
- Unfortunately, the watch doesn’t come with a car charger, which can be frustrating if the battery dies in the middle of a game and you’re looking for a place to charge it
- The integrated Bluetooth technology can sometimes be difficult to sync, depending on your phone’s distance from the watch
- Advanced online features can only be accessed if you pay a yearly fee
- Some features for the SkyCaddie Linx are sold separately and can be downloaded using you Mac, PC, or smartphone
Click Here for the Price on Amazon!
The SkyCaddie Linx combines the design and reliability of a modern wristwatch with the technology of a GPS rangefinder to create one of the best sports watches on the market. The Linx’s timeless style and usefulness push it far beyond the reach of any of its competitors, making it a great purchase for anyone looking to buy a GPS golf watch (wiki).
The SkyCaddie Linx provides all the basic features you’d expect to come with a modern golf watch while incorporating many game changing features that make the device unique. The SkyCaddie Linx is used by casual players and professionals alike because it’s not only one of the most advanced golf GPS systems, it’s also a fantastic day-to-day watch that can be worn on any occasion. The Linx is useful and affordable, and should be a front-runner for anyone considering purchasing a GPS golf watch.